What is a Bio Peel?
A Bio Peel is an herbal peeling in which a mix of herbs, seaweed and algae are applied to the skin. These herbs and maritime extracts stimulate the skin to regenerate, allowing the skin to repair itself from within, with a visible result.
By means of a massage, the beneficial substances from the herbal mix are optimally absorbed by the skin. Immediately after the treatment, the skin is deeply cleansed and the skin feels very smooth and soft.
Treatment in a cure
In order to intensively improve the skin and to treat long-lasting results, you can choose to do the treatment as a cure. A course consists of at least 3-6 treatments with an interval of 7-14 days. After the treatment, the result can be maintained by repeating the Bio Peel every 4-6 weeks.
To improve the following skin problems, we recommend the treatment as a cure:
- Skin with pimples
- Skin that has been affected by pimples (acne scars)
- Wrinkle formation
- Coarse pores
- sagging of the skin
- Hyperpigmentation, sun damage
What happens after a Bio Peel?
A few days after the treatment, the skin may start to flake slightly. The degree of flaking varies from person to person and depends on the skin type. The skin often feels a bit drier during this period. A full cream or a skin oil keeps the skin supple and ensures that flakes are less visible.
The bio peel has the following contraindications
- Viral infections (including cold sores), the infection can spread
- open wounds
- actinic keratosis
- Retinoids (including Viramine A Acid, stop for 6 weeks)
- There must be at least 14 days between a Botox treatment and a Bio Peel. The nutrients from the Bio Peel detoxify the skin, but also the Botulinum Toxin (the active ingredient in Botox)
- There must be at least 14 days between waxing and a Bio Peel.
- There must be at least 6 weeks between the following treatments and a Bio Peel, provided they have been applied to the same area where you are going to apply the Bio Peel: Microdermabrasion, strong chemical peel (TCA, Jessner, Blue Peel), IPL and laser treatment.
- Pregnancy is not a contraindication, but we do not recommend it. Due to the changed hormone balance, the skin can react very differently than expected.
- The skin is not specifically photosensitive by a Bio Peel, as is the case with a glyco-acid peel. Summer is therefore not a contraindication for the Bio Peel.
- Despite the fact that the skin is not specifically photosensitive by the Bio Peel, the skin does lose a number of dead house cell layers. This makes the skin thinner and less protected against UV radiation. To prevent burns, the customer should always use UV protection for at least 7 days after the Bio Peel treatment.