Microneedling is a treatment in which small micro-damages are made in the skin with a pen. These damages are closed by our skin with collagen. Collagen is a protein that occurs naturally in our skin, it ensures that our skin is nice and firm and smooth.
Sometimes a Microneedling treatment may absolutely not be applied or only with the agreement of a GP. The treatment should not be used in the following indications.
- Irritated skin
- In case of a home infection or fungal infection
- Active acne
- Active rosacea (recognizable by the red bumps)
- On eczema spots
- Psoriasis (this is due to Koebner Syndrome, an outbreak of psoriasis after skin damage)
- Actinic keratoses (dry, rough patches from sun damage)
- (skin) cancer (also in remission)
- Open wounds or sores (including cold sores)
- Customers with blood clotting problems
- Raised warts and moles must be spared
- in diabetes
- When using immune-suppressing drugs, ask for approval from your doctor.
- Treating clients who are infected with the HIV virus is not recommended.
- Explains to the customer that they will have to pay for the next few hours due to bacteria transfer must be prevented from touching the face with hands.
- During the 24 hours, avoid: sauna, swimming, sun (bed) and sports (bacteria and sweating).
- Do not take a bath within 24 hours, shower only (bathwater contains a lot of bacteria)
- 24 hours wash the treated area with water only.
When do you choose Microneedling?
Microneedling is a wonderful treatment and is used for:
- skin aging / wrinkles
- coarse pores
With raised scars, the treatment is slightly different, then the scar can be treated every 2 weeks